Friday, June 19, 2009

Rain, rain go away!


Today and for the entire weekend I have the pleasure to pet sitting for my daughter and her partner's puppy, Quimby. I have been looking forward to it ever since they asked us earlier in the week.

Every afternoon at around 3 p.m. my buddy, Otto, and I head to Normandale dog park. So I was anticipating taking not just one but these two little characters to the park this afternoon.

As of 2 p.m. there have been Biblical-like downpours. So I then had to decide: take them and bathe not one but two muddy dogs when I get home or stay home and let them wrestle. I opted for choice #2.

I realize how much that little park is a part of Otto and my life. The dog varieties are astounding and the 3 p.m. "shift" of park goers provides a whole lot of fun.

It has a little subculture of its own. We discuss everything from movies to dog food brands and harnesses from weekend trips to (touching on) politics.

So here I sit this afternoon at my computer, looking at the rain and these rascals playing tug of war with a stuffless animal.

I will bet there are some hardcore visitors at Normandale. But I'm not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment