Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Wag More, Bark Less"


Portlanders are known for their bumper stickers. You can idle behind a car at virtually any stop light around the city and get a pretty good feel for what the person in front of you believes.

I personally try to limit my bumper stickers. I have to work at limiting them, though. I like to keep my car looking neat and clean. But I am also a fairly opinionated person. So there is always a "push/pull" within.

I guess you could say I am heavily into quotes. They are posted around my house. I like to gather them to recite at the closure my business meetings. I have them posted in the gym. They help me to live one day at a time. Hopefully they inspire the people around me.

They are gentle, daily reminders of what is good in life. They are little inspirations.

That's why I proudly post one of my stickers, "Wag More, Bark Less".

It's one of my favorites. I first got one out of the box of dog treats I once purchased at my local Trader Joes.

When I discovered it in my dog's box of dog treats, it at once took me back to my childhood days.

When I was a kid, I would always do my best to opt for the box of cereal that contained a "prize." You know, like Cracker Jacks. It made the eating all the more exciting. I would dig my grubby, little hand as deep into the box as it could reach to find the treat in my cereal. Upon first indulgence, it was a challenge I was determined to conquer.

Over this past year my favorite bumper sticker has begun to show wear.

Today, upon strolling N. Mississippi St., I discovered, much to my delight, that Salty's pet store sells this sticker in a variety of colors. It made my day!

So today, Sunday, I took the time to remove my old black and white one and replace it
with a fashionable pink and brown.

Take note.....voice the good before the bad, the positive before the negative, the happy before the sad, the compliment before the criticism, the smile before the frown.

It make so much difference to those around you.

If you try, you could see a difference in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Here's one I saw on my way to work today:

    When evolution is outlawed,
    only outlaws will evolve

    ReplyDelete